Parking Citations & Tickets
What to Do if You Get a Motor Vehicle Citation
- Read the back of the citation
- Check off either "Payment" or "Hearing Request" box on the front of the envelope
- When making a payment, include the total amount due. Do not send cash. Please write the citation number, your driver's license number and state of issue on your check or money order.
- Enclose the original citation. Make a copy of the citation for your own records.
- Do not include letters or other information you want a court magistrate to consider; instead, bring this information to your hearing.
- Report address changes on the front of the envelope.
- For a hearing, mail the original citation in the envelope and wait to recieve a date and time notice from the Taunton District Court.
Note: If you want to pay a Civil Motor Vehicle Citation, you can do this at a Massachusetts RMV website with Discover, Master Card, or Visa credit cards.
What to Do if You Get a Parking Ticket
- The ticket may be returned by mail, personally or by an authorized person.
- A hearing before the Parking Clerk may be obtained upon written request of the registered owner to the police department.
- Note: Failure to obey the ticket within twenty one days after the date of violation may result in non-renewal of the license to drive and the certificate of registration of the registered owner.
- Parking fines must be paid by check or money order, made payable to the Town of Seekonk, or by cash personally at The Seekonk Public Safey Headquarters. Seekonk Town Hall does not accept payments and please, Do not mail cash.
Note: Questions regarding parking tickets can be directed to the Police Department, Lisa Parker.