Steps for filing applications with the conservation commission:
- Two copies of Application, three hard copies of plans and 1 electronic copy of plans to Seekonk Conservation Commission, 100 Peck Street, Seekonk, MA 02771.
- One copy of Application and plan to DEP, 20 Riverside Drive, Lakeville, MA 02347
- Mail check to DEP at their lock box number along with a copy of the transmittal form.
- Submit check payable to the Town of Seekonk for local filing fees.
- Send notification of public hearing by certified mail to abutters within 300' of the property.
- The applicant is responsible for placement and payment of the advertisement. The conservation office shall provide the ad. Ad must appear in a local circulating newspaper not less than 5 business days prior to the meeting.
- Bring green return receipt cards and tear sheet from the newspaper to the meeting and give to secretary or agent. The meeting cannot be opened if the legal ad appeared less than 5 business days prior to the meeting.
- The Conservation Commission will issue the appropriate permits within 21 days of close of the public hearing.
- When the work has been completed, the applicant, in writing, will request a Certificate of Compliance from the Conservation Commission or as conditioned in the Orders. There is a $35 fee.
- If work cannot be completed in 3 years from the issuance of the Orders of Conditions, an Extension Permit shall be required in writing to complete the work. Extensions Permits may be given once for a 1-year period and the fee is $50.