Board of Assessors
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Paul K. Buckley, Chairman, Board of Assessors
Term Expires: 2024
- Nelson Almeida, Vice Chairman
Term Expires: 2025
- Janet Parker, Member
Term Expires: 2026
If you visit the Town's website, you may notice some changes as we transition to a new platform. Our vendor is currently working on moving content over to the new website and we anticipate a launch of the new site in early February. We are hopeful that the new site will be easier to search and navigate. Please excuse the current state of our website as we have to limit the amount of content that is transferred to the new site. Thank you for your patience.
Seekonk Board of Assessors Fiscal Year 2023 Values
In accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, the Fiscal Year 2023 assessed values for all properties in the Town of Seekonk have been adjusted to full and fair market value as of January 1, 2022 and approved by the Department of Revenue.
Payments should be made payable to the Town of Seekonk and can be made by:
- Mailing a check, along with the payment stub, to
- Town of Seekonk, P.O. Box 504, Medford, MA 02155
- Paying online, by visiting our website,
- Dropping your payment in the drop box located at the front door of the Town Hall.
Further questions regarding payments, please call the Collector’s Office at 508-336-2930.
If you no longer own an automobile, you may apply for an abatement through the Assessor’s Office. An abatement application is available by visiting our website, then choose Departments-Assessor’s Department-Abatement Applications. Further questions regarding abatements, of any kind, please call or e-mail the Assessor’s Office directly at 508-336-2980.
View the Property Tax 101: The Mechanics video.
View the Online Property Search website.
The mission of the Board of Assessors and it's staff is to value Real and Personal Property in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, administer exemption, abatement, and excise programs and assist taxpayers, as well as other town departments, in a courteous, innovative and fiscally responsible manner.
- Appointed By: Elected
- Members: Three
- Term: Three Years
- Meeting Schedule: Monthly
- Legal Basis: MGL Chapter 41 Section 24
- Purpose: Preparation and presentation of the Annual Classification Report to the Board of Selectmen. Reviews, assesses and determines abatements.
- Behind the Curtain (PDF)
- Boat and Vessel Application (PDF)
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2023 Classification Hearing (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2023 CPA Income Limits (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2023 Exemption Eligibility and Qualifications Guide (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2023 Personal Property Tax Abatement Application (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2023 Real Estate Tax Abatement Application (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2024 Apartments I and E (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2024 Commercial Industrial I and E (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2024 Form of List (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2024 Multi Use I and E (PDF)
- Fiscal Year 2024 Small Commercial Business Exemption (PDF)
- Form G - Abutters List (PDF)
- Guidelines for Development of a Minimum Reassessment Program (PDF)
- Property Inspection Program (PDF)
- Property Type Classification Codes (PDF)
- Who We Are (PDF)
- Working With Proposition 2 and a Half (PDF)